Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Two Months!




Gavin Thomas is two months old! We celebrated this milestone last friday, Nov 21st, at my mom's group Thanksgiving party. Mommy got ready for the real T-day by eating a full potluck style lunch complete with homemade turkey. Gavin slept through almost the whole party but woke up right when mommy had finally made a plate of food to eat. Thankfully, a nice friend offered to hold Gavin and mommy ate a peaceful lunch for the first time in...2 months!


Ahhh...real life!

Dylan has discovered the difference between boys and girls and was sitting next to a pretty 9 month old at the party. He would very sweetly pat her back while making goo-goo eyes at her
(I think he learned that from daddy) and say to me "Mom, that's a girl (pronouned gill like on a fish)."


Today we went to the doctor and Gavin weighs 12.5 pounds. Now I know why those 3-6 month clothes seem to fit a lot better than the newborn ones. Gavin is smiling and cooing more and more frequently (though I haven't seemed to be able to capture that on film yet) and of course those moments make the screaming fits worthwhile. I undressed him and put him on the exam table for the length check today and he screamed bloody murder. The nurse said she had never seen a baby cry like that...yikes! Guess she never met baby Dylan either.