
The recent happenings:
Gavin talking: mama, dada, Ba-ba (Bentley), Eeeeee (for "cheese" when he sees a camera). His favorite thing to say is "Hi" with a wave, and he is a charmer!! Gavin can often be found climbing on all our furniture, chairs, couches, tables...
He is still eating his way through life...when in doubt - feed him! Needless to say, this requires many grocery store trips and stocking up at Costco. He truly eats more than Dylan and probably more than me. For example, in the morning he will eat an adult portion of oatmeal and fruit, then we try to figure out if the screeching is because he wants more or he wants to get down (still working on sign language). After awhile we give up trying to figure it out and get him out of the high chair. He promptly makes his rounds to each person and demands that they share their breakfast. This results in many arguments around Dylan's table... of course then Gavin always moves onto the dog food at some point. Ughhh...the dog won't touch it but Gavin seems to love chicken by-product.

He loves to put shoes on his hands and clomp around the house. Is often found playing with a car or train making great engine noises! Loves using walker toys but is still content to speed-crawl to where he wants to go instead of walk on his own. Is giving me a headache daily due to his teething attitude. The nursery worker at church said "He must be your first...or your last!" (AKA High Maintenance!!)
Dylan talking: "But why?" Gotta love that one! My friend from Dylan's preschool said her son started saying that the same time Dylan did so we're blaming it on their teacher :)
His best friends are Bryce from school and the neighbor twins, JT and Cooper.
Favorite show: Curious George
Still the best big brother around. The other morning, he offered to watch Gavin for me on the couch while I got him a drink and I look over to see his arm draped around Gavin as he said "Did you know I love you?" I'm sure 10 minutes later he was grabbing a toy out of Gavin's hand but it's the sweet stuff I choose to remember :) As I was finishing this post, he got up from his nap and said "Mom, I really miss Gav."
When I ask him what we learn at church, Dylan replies, "That God always keeps us safe." Good job class volunteers! I still prefer volunteering in the nursery where the kids can't talk which means I get to chat it up with the other gal on duty.

Dylan as a turtle at his preschool Halloween party

My lovable lion and fearless fireman