Friday, November 6, 2009

Mom Talk

I'll admit I've been a little run down this week with my high-maintenance one-year-old. So I thought the antedote for that would be writing down a list of what I love about this stage, specifically him at this stage:

~How he says a refreshing "Ahhhh" after taking a sip
~How he says "Mmmmmm" as he goes in for a kiss
~The fact that he LOVES dogs and loves to imitate them too (barking and panting - so cute, but the dog-food eating part not so cute)
~Sleep! He goes to bed just after 7 and wakes up just before 7 (and my wonderful hubby is the one who gets up with him xoxo)

It is entirely possible to:


~ be grateful for your husband's job but a little grumpy that he had to work late the whole week
~be totally in love with your kids and at the same time overwhelmed with the responsibility of it all
~be doing the most important job of the day (taking care of your kids) and thinking you weren't "productive" enough that day
~look forward to a "girls weekend" now that I'm not nursing, but be wondering if I'll miss the kids (and husband) too much to truly enjoy it (or is it the worry about what the house will look like upon my return that makes me wonder if it's worth the trip?)
~be totally and comletely grateful that these little ones are in God's hands!!!

I meant to do this for Gavin's 1 year post, but here it is...Daddy at an age we're unsure of (looks younger than 1 by the position), Dylan at 1 year, Gavin at 1 year, and me as a baby - need to find a one year photo. Similarities?